Friday, March 19, 2010

Fantasy Baseball

For fantasy football, there's really only one way to play the game - weekly H2H.  Roto is near impossible, and total points doesn't always give an accurate reflection of each team.
 
There's so many different ways to play fantasy baseball, however.  I've seen everything, from the common 4x4 and 5x5 roto leagues, to total points, to weekly H2H by category or all categories, etc. 
 
The problem I find is that there's nothing I can find that I like.  For baseball, anything weekly makes you seek out 2-start pitchers.  In any roto league, you find a player who nets you just one specific stat to try and get "over the hump" to win your league. 
 
I know it's just numbers-based, but I feel like you should be trying to "win" - that is, to beat a specific opponent, which is what every sport really tries to do - you play someone else and try to beat them.
 
Anyone's thoughts on a "perfect" fantasy baseball league setup?

No comments: